Since it’s Spring and the weather is getting warmer, I thought I’d share a recipe for a dessert that is cold and refreshing. And that’s exactly what this pie is! First of all it’s really really easy. But what’s even better is that this dessert is completely healthy.
It’s free of refined sugar and dairy, and if you replace the oats with blended nuts it can also be gluten free! In this recipe I used frozen raspberries, but you can use any kind of frozen berries.
The combination of crunchy chocolate crust, sweet raspberries and fluffy cloud-like cream is just perfection! This is the best healthy dessert, which is quick and simple to make. I hope you try it out and see for yourself 😊
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons mashed dates
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with oats, shredded coconut, mashed dates, cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Lightly grease your pie pan with some coconut oil and press the crust into it. Bake for about 10-15 minutes and let cool.
- While the pie crust is cooling, prepare the coconut cream. Make sure your coconut milk was in the fridge for at least a few hours. Open the cans and take out the firm milk fat. Place the solid cream into a bowl and add in the maple syrup. Beat until it has a fluffy texture.
- Put the frozen raspberries onto the pie crust and spread the coconut cream on top. You can decorate it with some more shredded coconut.