This time I’m sharing with you a recipe for these delicious oat bars which can be eaten for breakfast or as a dessert. They make a yummy and guilt-free snack as they are free of refined sugar and dairy!
I decided to add different kinds of nuts to these bars, but you can of course use raisins, dried fruit, chocolate chips.. whatever you like! If you don’t want anything in your oat bars, just add in half a cup more of instant oats. You can also use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, but I find that the oat bars are already really really sweet, so the bitterness of the dark chocolate perfectly balances out the sweetness.
It is important to put the oat bars in the refrigerator, because thanks to that they are firm and you can easily cut them into squares.
Here is the recipe!:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup instant oats
- 8 tablespoons honey/maple syrup
- ½ cup nuts
- 100g dark chocolate
- Line a small baking tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the peanut butter and honey and melt them in a microwave or on the stove top.
- Once the peanut butter and honey mixture is melted and smooth, combine it with the oats and nuts.
- Firmly press the mixture down into the tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate and spread it on top of the oat mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours and cut into squares.