Since it’s summer and there are plenty of fresh berries, I decided to share with you a recipe for this mixed berry pie. This pie goes so well with ice cream when it’s warm, but it also tastes good eaten cold.
You can use one type of berries if you want to, however I prefer using a variety of different berries, because that way you get a mix of different flavors!
This delicious dessert has just about the right amount of sweetness in it and is also a little bit sour. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 250 g cold butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 10 tablespoons cold water
- 3 ½ – 4 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- Mix the flour with the icing sugar and salt. Mix rub in the butter until it resembles bread crumbs. Add in the cold water and form a dough. Shape the dough into a ball and cover in cling wrap. Place in the refridgerator for minimum 30 minutes.
- Cook the berries with the sugar over a medium-low heat for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the potato starch and quickly mix it with the berries. Leave to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease a pie dish / tart pan with butter.
- Cut the dough in half and on a floured surface roll out both halves. Line the bottom and sides of the dish with one half of the dough. Pour in the filling and even it out with a spoon or spatula. Place the other half of the dough on top. Cut four slits in the top of the pie to create a vent. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the crust.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool and serve with ice cream!