Previously I showed you how to make parsley pesto so this time I’m gonna show you how you can use it for these yummy vegan pesto stuffed rolls! These rolls are perfect for lunch or as an addition to dinner. You can eat them both warm and cold as they taste great both ways.
All you need to do is make two portions of my pesto and a really easy dough for which the recipe is below. What you can also do to jazz up your pesto rolls is add some dried tomatoes!
These pesto rolls are as easy to make as cinnamon rolls and they taste equally delicious! Talking about cinnamon rolls.. did you know that I have a recipe for vegan date cinnamon rolls?! If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy treat then you should definitely check them out! 😉
- 6 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 packet dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7-8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 2 x pesto recipe
- Mix the yeast and sugar with ½ cup of warm water.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add in the yeast mixture, 1 cup of warm water and oil.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and leave for 1 hour and 30 minutes to rise.
- Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out the first half and spread half of the pesto on it. Roll it up into a log and cut into pieces (just like you do with cinnamon rolls).
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet, cover with a towel and leave for 15-20 minutes to rise.
- Do the same with the remaining dough and pesto.
- Bake for around 25 minutes in 180°C/350°F until they turn light brown.