Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for this incredibly delicious and refreshing pie, key lime pie to be exact! I can’t even describe to you how much I love this pie. I baked it 3 times in a row 😂 What I like most about it, is that it’s both sweet and sour. I like when two completely different flavors come together in the kitchen, cause I feel like one balances out the other.
I don’t think I need to mention that this pie is really easy, because most of my recipes on here are 😁 I say that there is nothing better than a yummy treat to go with your coffee.. but a yummy treat that requires little effort to make? Even better!
This key lime pie has a crunchy and buttery base, a zesty lime filling and a fluffy cream cheese topping. I hope you get to try out this pie and enjoy it as much as I did! 🙂
- 300 g digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 150 g butter
- 1 can condensed milk (400 ml)
- 2 egg whites
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 4 limes
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 150 g cream cheese
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place the biscuits in a strong plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs. Alternatively you could put them in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a spring form pan. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let slightly cool, while preparing the filling.
- Combine the condensed milk with 2 egg whites, the zest of 1 lime and the juice of 4 limes, make sure to mix the ingredients very well until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before making the cream cheese topping.
- To make the topping: whip the cream with an electric mixer, next add the icing sugar and zest of 1 lime. In the end add the cream cheese, tablespoon at a time, while still mixing.
- Decorate your pie with the cream cheese topping and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.