Recently I got a request from a fellow reader of this blog to do more vegan and vegetarian recipes, so I came up with these vegan cinnamon & sugar baked doughnut balls! They do contain sugar (duh! 😂) so they’re not completely healthy.. but they are baked, which makes them healthier than the fried ones, right? 😜
When it comes to their taste, they remind me a bit of churros! After making these, a sweet cinnamon aroma will fill your kitchen and make it seem much more cosy during this autumn/winter weather ☺️
Look at how small and cute they are! These yummy bite-size treats will make the perfect breakfast! Just be warned that their small size results in you eating them, one by one, uncontrollably without realizing that you just ate ten 😆
By the way, if any of you guys have any request for recipes I should make, then please don’t hesitate to let me know in the comments section! I would be extremely happy to hear from you 😀
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pack instant yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm soy milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the warm soy milk with the brown sugar and instant yeast. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, vegetable oil and yeast mixture in a large bowl. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave to rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Gently knead the dough inside the bowl. Next, with floured hands, roll the dough into small balls (there should be around 40 small balls).
- Place the balls next to each other on the baking sheets, leaving some space between each ball.
- Bake for around 8 minutes until they turn golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let cool for around 10 minutes. In the mean time: melt the vegan butter and mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Brush each ball with the vegan butter and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- They taste best the day they’re baked!