Some time ago, I bought a very small spring-form cake tin and I couldn’t wait to try it out! So I made this mini caramel cheesecake, for which the recipe I am sharing with you today! I think the cheesecake looked small and cute, but if you prefer to make a bigger one, then just simply double the ingredients 😉 Another option is to make small cheesecake bites using a cupcake pan.
The sweet and salty flavor, as well as the gooey texture of the caramel make it one of the best parts of the cheesecake. I just really love caramel in general! And, if it’s in any type of dessert, it’s usually the part I look forward to the most 😃
I should also mention that this is a no-bake dessert. I find that the no-bake cheesecakes are often much more fluffier and lighter than the baked ones.. and easier to prepare 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 135g graham crackers / biscuits
- 65g butter
cream cheese filling:
- 450g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 50g butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the graham crackers / biscuits in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 16 cm (6.30 inch) spring form pan.
- Using a mixer, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Spread the filling into an even layer, on top of the prepared crust.
- Place in the refridgerator for an hour to set.
- To make the caramel sauce: mix the sugar and water in a saucepan. Next, place over medium heat and cook without stirring, until the mixture turns into a golden brown, caramel-like color. Remove the saucepan from heat and pour in the cream (warning: the mixture bubbles a bit!). Cook for about 1-2 minutes, mixing the caramel with a wooden spoon or spatula. Remove from heat and stir in the butter (the mixture might bubble again) and salt. Pour the mixture into a glass bowl or jar and set aside to cool. Let the caramel cool down completely before using it.
- Pour a layer of caramel on top of the cheesecake and place back in the fridge to set for at least an hour.