Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for these chocolate crinkle cookies which have a unique crack-like pattern, taste incredible and would make a perfect edible gift. Because who wouldn’t want to receive cookies as a present? 🙂
They have a really strong chocolate flavor and are crunchy on the outside, but soft and moist on the inside.
These cookies don’t spread out in the oven as much as other cookies. They don’t really change size at all. So, if you form them into a ball – they will remain that way. They will still bake, but they’ll remain round shaped. If you want a cookie-like shape, then you have to form them into that shape.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a seperate bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil and molasses.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mix well and form a dough. Place in the fridge for 2 hours so that the dough firms up.
- Form small balls out of the dough and gently pat them down with your hands to create a cookie shape.
- Coat the cookies in powdered sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with parchement paper.
- Bake in 180°C/350°F for around 12 minutes. After taking them out of the oven, let them cool for at least 5 minutes, before removing them from the baking sheet.