I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but recently I’ve been craving the biscuit-crust type of desserts. First the key lime pie, then the banoffee pie and then the caramel cheesecake. Well, guess what? Today I’m sharing with you yet another biscuit-crust pie recipe! And this time it’s for this crispy apple pie!
..I just really really like biscuit crust, okay?! 😆 Is it just me, or does anyone else also like that type of crust best? The crunchy and buttery flavor makes it my favorite out of all the pie crusts.
Okay, enough about the amazing crust 😅 Let’s move onto the actual pie. I called this recipe „crispy apple pie” because that’s exactly what it is. Not only do you have a crunchy layer of crushed biscuits as the base, but also a yummy crumbly topping! Serve this warm, with some vanilla ice cream and you’ve got yourself a delicious dessert!
- 220g biscuits / graham crackers
- 125g butter
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 80g butter
- 4-6 apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons potatoe starch
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin in a plastic bag until you get fine crumbs.
- Melt 125g of butter and mix it with the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a spring form pan. Bake for about 5 minutes in 180°C/350°F.
- To prepare the apple filling: slice 4-6 apples into small pieces and mix them with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of ginger, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, 3 tablespoons of potatoe starch and 4 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Place the apple filling on top of the crust.
- To prepare the crumble topping: combine ¾ cup of flour, ½ cup of brown sugar and 80g of butter and rub between your fingers until you get a breadcrumb texture.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of the apple filling.
- Bake the pie at 180°C/350°F for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream!